Thursday 23 April 2009

Seat of Consciousness

Ive parked the moped int town but can't put enough parking time on it - I'm thinking of riding back into town to sort it out. As i come out of 3 tiverton (childhhod home) to get on my moped I realise that kids have stolen the bike seat and I'm unable to ride it! a I look up the street I see two young lads about 10/12yrs old. Approaching them I see a large holdall lying on the groun. I'm so convinced they took it that I don't ask any questions, I just put my hand in the bag and sure enough there is my seat. I'm not angry with them -and they dont argue or put up any fight- I just ask 'Why did you do that?' 'Why do you steal?'
Theyre bored one of them says, not much to do. Engaging them both in conversation the older guy talks of a friend older than him that he used to really respect and look up to - this blond, blue-eyed good looking guy. He was honest and had all good qualities.
So I make a suggestion, 'Why don't you become this guy for your little friend here -then he can really look up to you? Although I am aware the younger fella probably does already idolise his older friend, I'm trying to illustrate both responsibility and good leadership by becoming the qualities he so admired in this other guy. I know its a long shot but have to say it anyway and leave- pleased at least that I have my seat and can get back into town.
Getting on my bike, I have floppy doll to carry here too, riding the bike seems easy like this but I have forgotten something - and when I go back to get it - I realsie I now have this old rickety wardrobe attached to the back of the moped. Its badly fitted together, doors illfitting, drawers falling out (like an MFI piece!!) and I realise whaterver I put in there is foing to fall out the back as i ride. Not only that it is so cumbersome its going to knock me off balance. so Iget off the moped to sort through this wardrobe to see what I can remove.
This feels like an endless task, the whole wardrobe is full of my neice's old quilts, blankets, shoes, bags n stuff the only thing I spen afew moments gazing at is some samples of beautiful material much like those in the crystal healing dream. All the other stuff gets flung onto my sister, (her mothers) bed. I'm wonering if what I'm doing is worth it because when I'm finished I still have this huge wardrobe (albeit now empty) still on the back of my moped. Why didn't I just get on the moped with the doll in a rucsac in the first place?
I want to remove the wardrobe but its attached with screws quite securely and dismantling will be a long process and I'm feeling a bit impatient. If I ride it like it is it will be an awkward a nd wobbly ride!

1 comment:

  1. It appears you would be a lot more comfortable and have a better ride with the proper support, also carrying less baggage, but I guess that was obvious.

    ReplyDelete